Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2009, 10:32 AM

It was safe and never were we out of control. My boating resume has more than 10,000 miles of sailing around the globe and motor boating on it. I have been out in far, far worse seas in the north atlantic. I have been on a boat hit by lightning, a sinking, and several medical emergencies. With that said, we had all the precautions taken. Thanks for the sentiments thought. We certainly need to watch out for each other on the water. Several other boats came buy and waived and checked in on 68. That is what i like about the bay boating community. Its a community.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:55 AM

Give 'em hell Tim. Great report. It can be challenging being in rough conditions and trying to manage a spread, but fun at the same time. I need to get one of those pilot house boats...Don
Old 11-28-2009, 03:15 PM

Tim, I'm glad to see you got out and caught a fish. If my boat was running I'd been out there too. I wouldn't let a little wind stop me either. Bob
Old 11-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
It was safe and never were we out of control. My boating resume has more than 10,000 miles of sailing around the globe and motor boating on it. I have been out in far, far worse seas in the north atlantic. I have been on a boat hit by lightning, a sinking, and several medical emergencies. With that said, we had all the precautions taken. Thanks for the sentiments thought. We certainly need to watch out for each other on the water. Several other boats came buy and waived and checked in on 68. That is what i like about the bay boating community. Its a community.
I certainly glad you have a little experience under your belt.
My experience told me to keep my 40' boat in the marina and to cancel my party.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:08 PM

This is a lecture-free zone, reds! Go to the other board for that stuff.

BTW, I was out there today also--out of Solomons. Trolled for a few hours and called it a day.