View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Default Quick Deale trip 12/08

I was running some errands and honey-do’s when the phone rang…..Dave (Spynet000) says he got done work early and what was I doing? My answer “start driving” !
Dave arrived around 1230 we hopped in the boat and went to where I been fishing the last few weeks. After getting out the full spread the stbd deep rod went down hard and stayed bent…..this was a serious fish!.....unfortunately it came unbuttoned on Dave.
A few minutes later a board rod popped. Dave grabbed it and then had a line failure….ouch!...that should NOT happen!.....figure it must have gotten nicked sometime in the last few days fishing.
At 125 another board rod pops and Dave brings in a nice 37” on a Chart tandem on one of Capt. Deering’s “perch rods”.
We did a large circle after resetting rods and in almost the same exact spot a boat rod 175 back starts pounding. I grabbed this one and in came the first fishes twin at 37”…..
Both fish were caught in 75 feet. We decided to stay out in deep water and try for some unders but it wasn’t to be…….got on the slack current and the bite died.
Pulled lines around 400 and ran back to the dock before dark.
It’s been a while since I fished with Dave so we had a good time throughout the afternoon catchin up and talking fishin……a good day for an impromptu trip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dave w 37.jpg (23.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Steve w 37.jpg (22.6 KB, 19 views)
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com