View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
I guess I a not as cool as you "Steve Jobs" lovers....I have a Blackberry and love it...

Anyway, there are a couple of websites I keep in my favorites all the time....

1> The weather channel radar is very good on a mobile device (it has a zoom feature and its free) and has helped me avoid storms, and more often than not, move around storms...

2> I use the MD DNR tidefinder a lot cause it is modified for mobile devices, easy to use, and less of a pain than to look on the HDS - 8.

3> Like Shawn I keep a number of the NOAA (NDBC/FSKM2) weather buoys loaded...Use these more than almost anything on the phone except the camera...

4> It takes a little bit of playing around and you will need to bookmark your favorite areas but the tide/current predictor from U of SC is great...It is at tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide

Will try to post some others when I get a chance...
I liked my Blackberry well enough. But the 2 things I end up using the most - playing music and the camera are SO much better on the iphone.

I wasn't an iphone fan until I actually had to use one per SWMBO, but now I'm pretty content with it. In the overall picture, it's no better or worse than any other "smart" phone. Well except for the camera....that kicks the Blackberry's camera's ass.