View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 AM

I think it's worth adding - as someone without a boat who always is fishing with someone else, I don't report locations either and I feel it's a HO's duty not to. I also won't report where I fish when on a charter.

With that being said, if in a couple years from now I buy a boat and take a new friend with me, I don't know that I feel obligated to avoid all the locations people have shown me to avoid the info being passed on, but at the same time I'm going to be interested in exploring and finding my own places to fish.

I can also say I appreciate the fact that just about every time I've asked for help (and honestly though, I never ask for a spot, but rather usually general directions and the type of info to help me find a location on my own), people generally oblige and I've learned a lot from that. For example, I asked someone in this thread once if they were fishing North or South from Breezy - that was all - and they obliged and it helped me find fish and helped me learn something about the time of year I was fishing. I won't have to ask again.