View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 08:58 AM

The fishing is going to be fantastic We lose 2 weeks at the start, but we will be hitting those males and a few remaining females hard in shallower water with smaller baits on all the lines
When the summer season shuts down, I'll move the boat south (not moving south for trophy season) for blues/spanish and an occasional redfish. If that doesn't work out, I'll head even farther south for redfish/cobia.
I'm not letting the A-Holes at DNR (who can't coordinate a recovery) bother me.

I'm not even going to participate in the "mad a charter boats because they get two fish", because they have their chit together better than the rec fishermen. We always lose because we spend all our time being mad at trollers, jiggers, bait fishermen, commercials, netters, and now charters.

Just another example of "divide and conquer". We should be the most influencial group, but that opportunity passes us by every time

So you have a couple extra weeks to get the boat ready. Be ready to hit the water running. I'll be on the water with my boat and many other friends who have boats scattered up and down the bay to reach the schools. Last year, the spot were plentiful and I spent more days at the bridge than in the last 5 years. Maybe that will be the "go to area again this year".

My last radiation treatment is this coming Tuesday. I'm going to be optimistic about the outcome and fish, fish, fish, golf
5th