View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice here and on the other board. I'm going to look at the S1000. $1387 installed sounds great! I just wonder how fast a turnaround I can get on the install. I'd better jump on it soon.

The days of me flying solo, facing astern, steering the boat with my a$$ while simultaneously reeling in a blue, looking at blues twitching each of the other two lines, wondering why the he!! I put out a three rod spread in the first place, while keeping an eye on other boats is numbered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
Don,
You made the mistake. Now pay the price.

I had SWMBO auto-pilot. You probably had the same. It was high-tech, voice commands, and cheap. "Hey, babe steer towards that lighthouse", OK, aim fer that house with the blue shutters, then go towards that big green floating "thingy" with the light on it..number 83, etc.

You hooked momma on fishin', mine is now hooked. She doesn't drive the boat while I fish anymore. I am the autopilot....she wants pullage too.

I need to invest in a autopilot too. Let me know what you find out.

Jim at BOE is who I'm gonna see too. Just don't have time to research.

Jim
Jim,

Too funny! Kate and I share the current autopilot duties. I don't express myself clear enough, but it's a real bear setting lines and saying "just steer towards the bay bridge rock pile! No, not the main bridge piling, the one to the left of that, the thingy with all the rocks on it! Remember catching blues there last year? Yeah, that's it, it's called the western rock pile! Oh, fish on, grab this line, and I'll take the wheel!"

It's good to have your better half hooked on fishin' for sure! Thanks for the chuckle. I'll need to stop by the shop when I get a chance and pick up some smaller hooks with the wide gaps and the feathers. I want them (2/0?) small enough that they don't weigh the back end of a Gotcha down too much. See you soon!

Don