Thread: Out of slip :(
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 05:25 PM

Default Out of slip :(

Well, the ol' girls sitting in the driveway Jay was kind enough to help me pull 5th Tuition and put her on the trailer. I'm not saying there aren't still some fish above the bridge, but this is the time of year I start trailering south (below Solomon's) for fall fish.
The days are getting a little more dicey, and it will have to be nearly perfect weather for me to tow south Generally, we get one day a week like that, and I already have something else planned for that day
So I'm looking at maybe three or four more trips this year.
It has been a good year. All my fishing buddies have kept the lines of communication open and I have been successful. Thanks to all that share information with me

Who knows what the regulations will be next year, but it sure appears that we will be losing a lot of opportunity to fish. Rumors have us losing 2 weeks in spring, and two weeks in fall. Another month may be shut down due to high water temps, and even the possibility of not allowing fishing for striped bass after 10am.
I'm not trying to start a pissing match about whether all this is needed. Everyone has their own opinions. I'm just sad to see opportunity taken away. Guys farther south had a good year with blues and spanish macks, but north of the bridge is stripers or perch
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that can trailer south.

I wonder what the "fishing shows" will be like this winter? I certainly don't need parachutes with 9 inch shads for two weeks Normally, around May 1st, I start replacing the 9 inch shads with some 6 inch shads for the smaller males.

It's going to be interesting to see if the charter boats and guides remain with the recreational regulations, or break off to cut a deal with DNR. I can't blame them if they take this action. If I was facing at least a two month restriction, I'd be looking for alternatives

Once again, DNR and the Atlantic Fisheries has dropped the ball. All the fishermen were saying it's more difficult to find fish, and their magic word was SUSTAINABLE. The population was sustainable, all the way up to "it's a crisis"

Oh well, just some thoughts. Try to keep the board alive this winter.
See you all on the water this spring (although now C&R is questionable too)
5th