View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Fischadler View Post
As a casual bystander, here's my take on this topic;
Several of you were very vocal on TF when the pre-season C&R issue was presented. A couple weeks later, the same individuals are posting pictures of dead large cows which were full of roe and would spawn in a couple of months.
It comes across as hypocritical to some. It gives the appearance that certain people only jumped on the C&R bandwagon after they thought that their particular type of pre-season fishing was in jeopardy. Practice what you preach if you don't want to be criticized and lose credibility. For example; don't tell everyone to release all 40" fish and then post a report with a 44" fish that was killed.
I believe that no one should be chastised for posting fishing reports (i.e. do what you want as long as it is legal and moral). However; keep in mind that C&R means more to some people than just some type of regulation, it is a philosophy and approach to fishing that is that is practiced year round.
Shoot the messenger if you want, but that's the way it looks from my perspective.
Mark
Mark - Let me very clear about my position so it is not misunderstood as being hypocritical or convenient. I very much enjoy the preseason C&R, and in-season C&R and C&K. I love to catch, kill and eat rock fish when it is legal. I prefer to release the over 40" fish during C&K season, but have no problem with others not doing it; it's a personal preference only and not an agenda item. I am very unhappy about the DNR placing restrictions on preseason C&R, in the name of conservation, when any single day's activity during the Trophy season kills abundantly more fish than all of the preseason C&R activity. I am upset how one man representing approx. 200 members was able to have these restrictions put in place, to protect their precious Trophy season. But again, I like to catch, kill and eat rock fish when it is allowed by law. I am glad to see that you disapprove of others crapping on those who put up legit fishing reports; thanks...Don

Have I pissed you off somewhere in the past?