View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spynet000 View Post
i'll sell you all of my stuff its not worth it unless you are going to sell them. Even then there isn't much profit to be made. Its hard to justify what you would spend on everything unless you were running a business and were able to expense the equipment and materials. They take longer than you think to make, especially if you are anal about the way they look.

Go with the do-its if you do get into it. They are easy to machine yourself and are fairly cheap. Barlow has good prices. Just ordered some more jig molds yesterday.
Truer words couldn’t have been written.

I started making parachutes as a sudo therapy for my father during his recovery from knee surgery. It worked out great. However, now I am tying trout bombs feather jigs and replacement feather hooks for the cheep trolling spoons I purchased at tri state. It’s a nice way to pass the time on a snowy day.

I could have bought more parachute lures than I would have ever needed if I took the money I have wrapped up in a pot, molds, hooks and paint.

I am making some nice lures and really tweaking my spread now.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot

Last edited by Fish Nut; 03-04-2010 at 01:50 PM.