View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerly View Post
thanks for the info. i remember the post fr early spring probably about these lures and kick myself in the butt. i forgot to look into it for summer.

i like white beetlespin, and chr/blue 1/4oz ratltrap. but have stopped using ratltrap due to trebles, when i should have just switched them out.

new favorite this year was 1/4oz kastmaster but then the YOY got out of control by about late august and i had to stop using that too. also had a lot of fun with jigging rap if fishing off a pier. it's well known to ice fishing in holes. the interesting thing - i don't think fish even have to be in the area. this lure seems to just produce them somehow. i took one apart but cannot figure out how it works.
BIG fan of the Beetlespin too....in white. I have never had as many fish hit on any other color. You saw my picture of that trble hook embedded in my hand, right? So yeah...I'm growing tired of those nasty treble hooks as well.

I bought one of those kastmaster lures earlier this year thinking it would be deadly, but I only threw it out ther on one trip and didn't get any bites on it so I haven't revisited it. Yet. It's good to know others think like me with regards to the Perch lures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlien View Post
OMG Scott you let the secret of the Super Duper out there ?

The one and only thing that has always saved us from striking out completely ? The world will end....

Regardless that thing, ugly little, misshapen, weird looking thing produces like nothing else...

Good luck, its a winner and then some...

The only reason I even tried them at all was because I got 3 of them for $1.00 at Earleigh Heights a few years ago. You were with me the first time I threw it out there in desperation and started catching fish with it.