View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 12:41 PM

I appreciate your input Jigstix and will give it consideration. I am a very opinionated person and am passionate about recreational fishing access and opportunity. I also believe tournaments are good for sport fishing (I know that topic is one I also involve my thoughts with as well) Dave Smith and others at the MSSA do hear from me frequently. However I am not seeking any leadership position within the MSSA. I actually have repectfully declined seeking a position this past year due to personal reasons and time commitments.

In regards to Judge, I do not believe I am not the face of Judge Yachts. I believe Bill's Boats are the face of the company. I do help market and get the word out about his boats but when the time comes for a person to layout tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars, most people will consider his boats regardless of how they feel about some of my positions. One would think and hope that they would seek Bill Judge directly if they didnt want to converse with me. I do agree that my desire for others to understand my positions may go overboard at times and I need to do a better job at keeping my passion for my beliefs with my desire for helping Bill in check. While I personally make my living in another industry, I certainly do not want to hurt Bill's efforts.

Do keep in mind that sometimes the bashing of me is good though. For example, many of the boats Bill competes against have a 9'+ beam (ie. parker 25 or C-hawk 25 has a 9'6" beam). Hopefully those that lurk have seen that the 27 Chesapeake is legally trailerable in the state of MD and may more strongly consider the boat over one of the competitors due to permit requirements for towing.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 12-30-2010 at 03:18 PM.