View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 07:53 PM

Default Last day 12/20/15

Wanted to run some Stabil and Startron through the motor before she gets put away indoors for a winter nap

It was going to be too nice of a day NOT to fish. Rounded up an experienced crew of Alan (Just Chillin) and Bruce (Hook 'Em). Decided on a late start of 10:00 so the frost would be off the windows and the hatches would be thawed We planed to stay out until 4pm so we would get back to SP before the cars headed in to see the park Christmas Lights.

I threw the whole spread at them today. I know it's not on fire like PLO; so the fish got to see all 20 rods today (14 board; 6 boat). We dropped lines just north of red 86 because I was seeing plenty of bait in deep water. Alan and I put out the spread while Bruce soaked up the last remaining "pity" points for his hip replacement. I put Bruce at the wheel while the spread was deployed.

We hit the deeper water for a while without success. The bay was pretty calm, and we could use the binoculars to keep tabs on other boats. Nobody was doing anything.

Saw Mike (garlein) in his boat, and we tried to cover the same waters looking for fish. I got a call from Greg (Bfaithful) saying he had a buddy out doing ok in 55-75 ft. We swung south and angled toward shallower water. We saw a group of birds high in the sky, but congregated. I headed for the general direction. Rod Down; one of our deeper umbrellas was bent nicely. A 31 was netted and dropped in the box Skunk was off I circled around and another fish jumped on one of our lures. Now this was more like it!! We kept working this same pod of fish until we had 5 in the box and one fish missed off a deep umbrella

The bite died (took two more passes through without another hookup) and we racked rods for the trip back to Sandy point. We had three fish off the boards, and three fish hit our boat rods. It was a good thing we had 20 rods out

Had someone told me we would have picked up 5 quality fish today, I would have been happy with that for a last day trip. Alan and Bruce are not only good company, but great fishermen as well (we didn't miss any fish netting).

So tomorrow is dedicated to cleaning the boat, getting some tackle off, and prepping for a long winter. I hope El Nino keeps things warm so we can get in a few trips with Greg out of Ocean City

This might be the last report for me in 2015; but I'm already looking forward to 2016.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all my fishing buddies.
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1972.jpg (91.7 KB, 15 views)