View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 08:03 PM

Well, Sunday is not meant to be. I had a brand new 350 crusader put in the boat. Runs perfect at idle, mechanic went to sea trial it last weekend and it wont run over 2500 rpm. 6th crusader 350 he has installed and mine is the first one that does not run perfect out of the crate. Took the carb apart and the float for the secondaries was set way to low, reset it, took it back out yesterday, still has problem. So now have to see what crusader wants to do on warranty.

Its like I'm cursed, last year was an absolute sh*t show from late July on with the boat ultimately resulting in a rusted thru manifold and saltwater in the head. Let's not cut any corners and we will go brand new motor, air filter to oil pan. Brand new, not a reman. After motor was out, alpha transom assembly was starting to leak a little bit, do I want to rebuild it or replace, go ahead and put brand new on, again, I want it right. Outdrive is less than years old, replaced just before I bought boat.

Do all the right things and still don't have a boat that will run, frustrated...