View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 07:42 PM

Don't sweat it, Greg. I also think bait fishermen are dimwits and fly fishermen are pansies. I work hard at being an equal opportunity offender.

CLT is mostly written for light tackle anglers or those who want to be. One of the goals is to show that you don't have to spend a zillion dollars on equipment or drag around rake handles to catch the big ones. Some of the fun of light tackle is taking pot-shots at the trollers, especially when we're in shallow water and set up over big fish and we see you guys idling by looking bored. On the other hand, I've been pretty envious of trollers after I've run 95 miles and barely wet a line.

I'm not trying to get up a bandwagon to limit rods and I know a few trollers who are actually pretty good fishermen. In fact, I'm hoping to get out with some of you guys to do some cradle net videos sometime soon. I say do whatever you can to have a good time. And, Lord knows I'm no more influential than the next guy with DNR. The C&R thing proves that.

On the other hand, if you want to argue about killing the pre-spawn cows..... I'm your huckleberry!

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"