View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 10:10 PM

i really enjoyed the year but it flew by. i didn't fish in muddy waters, i battled gas problems mostly ongoing, and busy at work which is appreciated of course. i was constantly reminded how much i wasn't fishing by friends that fish more and how noticeable it was that i wasn't keeping up.

i had a poor year for WP. i didn't go out looking for them when i was supposed to. finished a major home project at that time instead. mostly fished for the WP from shore in my community when there was a little time to kill. they came in late for me and ran small. late in summer, i was able to take advantage of muddy bay and found them pinned down for a couple weeks but just couldn't get on citation size. i hammered on this no holds barred for 2 weeks but the harder i tried, the smaller they got. eventually, this effort culminated in some 2" WP in the chesapeake aquarium and i had to go back to lookin for rockfish. not enough of them to please most folks but i had all i needed or wanted.

i was lucky to enjoy some very satisfying fishing trips. the kind that leaves a glow for a couple days after. i think mostly because i didn't have time for arbitrary fishing w/o a plan, long days on the water. i waited for each coming trip and focused on making the best of it. also started doing the kayak fishing and got out to more distant places. these trips are already starting to feel like memories of a lifetime.

as much as anything, i'm looking forward to next year and possibilities tht are opening up.

Last edited by Southerly; 12-09-2011 at 10:15 PM.