View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 06:09 PM

I was humiliated today. Had a buddy bring his 11 yr old son with us so he could catch some fish We brought in one 17 inch rockfish today.

I've been doing rather well with 6 boat rods. I decided to run boards for the first time this fall. I figured we would smoke them. My full spread is 20 rods:roll eyes:
I figured I'd run 12 total today, 6 boat rods and 6 board rods. The "mate" came out of me after a couple hours Check for debris first, then put out two more board rods. Then later, put out to more board rods. My buddy asked what I was doing, I told him throwing more chit at them; hopefully they like something I have out

We had at least two footers this morning, which made it difficult to circle back on bait. But, I don't even think that would have helped me today. They just didn't want to feed (at least that's my story).

It was good practice with the boards. I little sporty, but the winds died in the late morning, only to pick up around one. Called it a day at 1:30 and headed to the barn. Found birds working and I got the "little twitchy" rods out with metal jigs. I figured we might salvage the day after all. Slowly approached the birds from above (to let the winds blow me over the fish); and all the little bastards sat down on the water. We drifted over some nice marks but it was as if they knew Marty was above
Not a touch jigging. Pulled into the slip and tied up only to hear one of the crew say; "what was that splash?" Never a good thing to hear. My spring line (attached through a pulley and down to a 10 pound weight) broke off the piling and fell to the bottom of the creek

But hey; at least the batteries were charged enough to start the motor this cold morning

My bones are starting to warm; had a great dinner; headed for a hot shower; and maybe some FIREBALL

It was off the hook out front of Deale today
5th