View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldzilla View Post
Yes, but if the increase in the ocean fish is increased, aren't they taking from some of the fish that will come up the bay to spawn? Indirectly affecting all Rec fishing (Charters and private boaters)???

Why increase it when the data presented shows a decrease in the rec take and increase in commercial take over the last 3 years? (I know we have gone back and forth on that but that is the data I have read and am sticking by until you send me data to the contrary)?
Since the moratorium was lifted the rec harvest has increased 700 %. The commercial harvest has increased about 25%. It all in black and white on the ASMFC website, all you have to do is look it up. The data you have read comes out of a magazine, read it from the horses mouth.

Sure they would be taking from some of the fish that come in the bay, but aren't the rec's doing that now? My understanding is they don't want the quota increased, they just want a bigger share of what is being caught.

Fish Nut said. "The question is why would they want to increase the quota. It is my understating that they have not reached there max quota in years."

Read the info on the ASMFC site, your understanding is not correct.