View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:01 AM

sweet stocking stuffers!

probably 90% of my fishing is for WP before work at first light, casting along a pier. that is my time. no pressure, just casting and enjoyment of fishing. i always liked the beetlespins but have started thowing the very small blue/chrome ratltrap also. my neighbor vertical jigs pilings or drags his mepps with mad success. i'll have to find out what the super dupers are and give them a try.

i have a new Christmas tradition as of last year - i take a lure that my daughter has caught fish on, file the points off, write fish size and date with a sharpie and call it a Christmas tree ornament. i have ornaments from when i was a kid and i hope these will last her a lifetime. her personal best lure is 3/4 oz rat l trap labeled 23 1/2" rock. tree's getting a green/chrome drone labeled for her 21" spanish mack this year.

but i am getting some complaints about our 'best hooks' getting put on the tree,...

ps - Marty's in Edgewater is a great place to take care of all your tree-trimming needs.

Last edited by Southerly; 12-14-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: to thank Jim for advice he's given me.