View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 05:17 AM

Default went out lastnight

I took the boat out last night with my son after installing the Smart-tabs I ordered earlier this week. All I can say is WOW! What a difference. I have a 17' Maxum and while it's an awful nice boat for it's age, it was porpoising like crazy last Sat. to the point where I had wondered if I had bought the wrong boat. Then it sunk in that I had grown up around the Magothy and there were plenty of bowriders without the issues we had. It was so bad that I couldn't even get into the bay on Sat without my baby getting a little green in the gills. I did a little research, then poured a little money into that floating hole and all is well now, looking forward to getting out this w/e.

The trim tabs made all the difference in the world. Jumps on plane. Can stay on plane down to 10mph. Might use a little more fuel but with only a 85hp and a 22 gallon tank, we've really got no worries there. I haven't run it enough to tell yet. The tab manufacturer says they will save fuel but we'll see. We went back to the dock and picked up my sweetheart then zoomed around a while. Saw one guy fishing Cornfield creek and another soul off the SE shore of the Magothy...don't know if they were landing anything since we gave them plenty of room so we didn't spook their fish.

erad
________
PROBLEMS WITH PRILOSEC

Last edited by eradicator; 09-03-2011 at 07:16 PM.