Thread: Corona Virus
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 12:05 PM

Need your help
My wife is a Sunday school teacher, however, church is closed down for two weeks. She is trying to think of some things she can do with the kids "outside" on church grounds to keep them occupied (regular school is closed).

In keeping with "social distancing", I'm trying to come up with some activities we played as kids where they don't need to be in close proximity with each other.

All of my suggestions have been rejected so far:
1) Spread the kids out and throw stones at each other !! We did this all the time. I was going to suggest slingshots, but building a bunch of slingshots made me rethink this idea.

2) Lawn Darts, don't throw at that crappy houla hoop target. We made everyone stand like statues, throw the dart in the air and try to come the closest to another player. If you moved, you were out.

3) Build a bicycle ramp and learn how to jump your two wheeler over a kid lying on the other side of the ramp. Most of the time, this kid was a younger brother of one of the kids riding their bike. The younger brother always wanted to "play" with the big kids, so we let him

4) I'm having a hard time finding supplies for this one Take a metal roller skate and pull it apart. Place a piece of 2x4 between them and nail the front and back rollers to the board. Attach a wooden soda pop crate to another 2x4 leading up to a handle so you could hold on while racing down "dead man's curve" at breakneck speed. Steering was done by "leaning" to one side or the other, but don't lean too far

I offered to make this even more safe than when we did this as kids. I would have one mother with a "safety kit" standing by with mecherechrome and iodine. We would also have a pair of tweezers to pick gravel out of knees and elbows. We could even take the extra step of antibiotic ointment and bandages to wrap injuries.

Do you have any suggestions for "games" we can play that don't involve a computer? List them below.
5th