View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Congratulations to the 5th (Marty) and crew for catching the winning fish again this year.
It was a tough day fishing and water was loaded with debris. I never caught a legal fish but at least I didn't hit a log.
There's always next year !!!
Thanks Bruce
It was tough fishing. What you failed to mention beside the debris, is that it was caused by unusually high "King Tides". Constant wind for the week prior to the tournament from offshore storms combined with a full moon, made getting to the boats an experience.
Calvin and I had to wade through only an inch of water over the pier. Mlag had several inches over his pier, and Mako Mike had knee deep water to tread through before getting to his floating pier
With tides so high, the current was screaming out of the bay. I hang a bilge pump over the side to pump fresh bay water into my spot container. The bilge pump has a 12 ounce sinker attached to keep it underwater while I sit stationary fishing.
The current was running so strong that it kept lifting my bilge pump out of the water and sucking air
I eventually removed it and simply went with my wash down pump for fresh bay water.
Obviously, the fish were less cooperative. We were very lucky to hang the winning fish early in the morning. Calvin had hand surgery about a month earlier and this was his first attempt to hold a fishing rod in a long time. Lucky for me, he pulled this fish out of the bridge pilings.
I can't wait for next year
5th