View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
After being on the "Shore" yesterday, I was itching to get back with a rod I found two willing partners (Mike-Garlien; and Jeff-Chessie27). It was a last minute decision, so we got a late start. I met Mike at noon, and we hooked up with Jeff in Denton.

I have a couple places to fish, but I decided on on of my favorite places that has several big ponds to chose from Now you do have to walk a little bit:roll eyes:to get to the best ponds. If you carry three rods, bait bucket, collapsible chairs, tackle boxes, and beer; it's a hike.

We didn't have a great day, but we did find largemouth bass, chain pickerel, and crappie. Both lures (mepps spinners) and live bait (shiners) produced fish. It was frustrating to see swirls and fish breaking farther out in the pond, but beyond casting range. If you could get a kayak back there, it would be awesome

It was a blast fishing with Mike and Jeff. They supplied the beer and I supplied the bait. It was too nice of a day to be indoors. Beside, I needed my exercise today (right Jeff). Thanks for tagging along; good times with good people.
5th

Small bass
At least you got out of the house. I played 18 holes with my son today and most of the time we were in long sleeve tee-shirts. I won't get into the final score, but , we both had a good time and it definitely makes the winter a little shorter. No fish for dinner but fun time

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)