View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Weather was too nice yesterday to work. Unfortunately decided that about 8:30AM. Called my recently retired step-father and headed out of the slip about 9:45. Had a scout working north so I went south.
Trolled spoons, hoses, and tsunamis from mouth of Chester to 1UC to LP Bouy. 1 blue fish to show for it. Weather was perfect, the beer was cold, and I could only fish until 2:00 so it wasn't a full force effort but A rock would have been nice. Oh well, can't get them everytime or it wouldn't be fun when you did I suppose.
My scout caught a perch. My other scout caught a few fish first thing in the morning. Only saw 1 fish caught around us. With holiday fishermen and holiday boat traffic, I think this will be the extent of my weekend rockfishing. Good luck to those that give it a shot.
I'll be catfishing Sunday in the Chester with 5 HOT women! . Might be a good time to stop and introduce yourself .
Yes, Friday stunk. We managed 7 Saturday on eels on some of the humps and holes in the upper bay. It was a grind as we drifted the same hump for 4 hours straight. Most fish in 18 to 35 ft. Actually had one guy set the book and reeled in a 6 " perch and the eel was gone. Go figure.
Bhl (Bruce)