View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 PM

Default Trolling 12/7- Coin Flip Pays Off

Had a rare chance to fish on a week day today. I was coming out of St. Jeromes Creek and had heard good reports to the south in the PLO area and also to the north toward Solomons. I never fish during the week and wanted to have a good day. So the only way to decide was to flip a coin.... heads-north.... tails-south. Heads it is, so I went north. My fishing buddy cancelled at the last minute but I didn't care, I was going either way. Love my autopilot. Had a really good day with a steady pick all day. Boat rods were hot early, then everything was on the boards later. First 2 fish were on a 24oz.mojo/ 2oz. parachute tandem and then 1 on a white umbrella with 16oz. inline weight. After that everything was on the boards, singles and tandems with no additional weight. White was the hot color. Plenty of gannets diving and a good amount of bait that I was able to stick with all day. Ended the day with 8 nice fish to 40" and 1 mid 40's fish that broke off at the boat. Greg (b-faithful) was north of me and Keith (slayer) was south of me. Hopefully they both had a good day. I really need to figure out how to get more days off during the week.

Last edited by Breakaway; 12-07-2009 at 08:43 PM.