View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 01:42 AM

As much as I love you Greg, I can not agree

A wave in Florida would sink me the same way a wave here in Maryland would sink me regardless of water temperature. It is merely a great marketing plan that has given the popular chesapeake "guide and rec" boats their stance. Parker and Jones has made people THINK they need their boat to catch fish. Good for them, but I HAVE YET to meet a light tackle fisherman who relys on the "lean" of the gunawles of a boat. As a fisherman, who gives a crap? If the weather is to the point where I am concerned about falling out of the boat, well, I shouldn't be out there! Both boats will get me home all the same without sinking. We went out on a Sea Pro SV2100 Bay last night. I'd love to take a measuring tape to both hulls (Sea Pro vs Parker)...with the rail on the SV i'd bet the sides are the same from the floor if not higher than the parker! Now the Parker 21 is a BIG boat for being 21 feet but they ride like sh*t (Sorry Parker owners). If you want a bare bones fishing boat thats great. But as a fisherman you have to ask yourself..."does this bare bones Parker fish all of the light tackle situations I encounter in the Chesapeake Bay the way I want it to"? My answer to that question is no. Also, don't you ever want to take family or friends out for a cruise or to play around? Where do they sit or store anything on a Parker?

A boat builder around here needs to start thinking about every situation that may be encountered here in the Chesapeake for light tackle and sell each feature for a specific situation. The 27 Chesapeake gives me a WOW feeling every time I see one on the water. Judge needs a light tackle boat that does the same. Every inch of a custom fishing boat has to function and serve a purpose.

By the way, i've had 2 phone calls and 3 PM's from people (some who I don't even know) who could not agree more. You need to get people to start thinking JUDGE light tackle, not Parker or Jones. That can happen with a boat that is well thought out that gives fisherman a WOW feeling.

Last edited by spynet000; 06-19-2010 at 08:48 AM.