Thread: 46 Markley
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawn View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys ... excited to say the least.

Should have it in Deale this Saturday afternoon.

The gentleman selling the boat didn't troll - strictly chunking, chumming and bottom fishing. Because of that, the boat doesn't have rod holders on the roof for fishing planer boards or a trolling valve to slow it down below 4 Kts.

We have a pipe welder meeting us Saturday evening to take measurements for the roof rod holders and a tiered and staggered set of rod holders on the engine box.

We already have the trolling valve and it should be installed next week as well. We are still trying to decide if we want a knob or lever control for it .... any thoughts?

Slowly getting gear together of an evening after work .... tonight was planer board assembly. Don't make fun of the ugly ass blanket ...lol
Tawn,
Not sure about a lever or knob. Will it be integrated with the regular throttle lever so that you can't mess up and try to get on plane while in trolling mode? If it is a seperate control, I would get a lever next to the throttle so that I would have to see it and it would remind me to turn it off before getting up on plane. Mine is electronic and I can't go over 5 knots in trolling mode.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)