Thread: BPS gift cards
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Marty , I'd like to see when / where it was advertised. Got a feeling it was 3 in morning on Monday on some old AM radio station.

Odd no one I know heard anything about this - including four members of sport fish comm.

I talked to 3 charter captains - their various organizations were not notified either.

Nor was MSSA.

I read the Sunpaper daily - never saw anything - although often I see hook / line opening and closings.

By having zero opposition - shows no one heard about this.

Look at how fast info has spread in just 2-3 days. Not even sure who first found out about it. Friend called me - he saw it on another web site.

Surely some one would have posted about this if it was really well advertised.
I've traced the notifications back to public hearing held in three different locations in early May. The Sport Fishing Advisory Committee was also notified of the proposed changes at their May meetings.

DNR didn't drop the ball or do anything sneaky, MSSA, CCA SFAC and the Maryland Charter Boat Association all dropped the ball.

Maybe everyone should send emails to the SFAC reps and ask them to stop trying to micro manage commercial fishing and pay attention to the recreational side.