Thread: BPS gift cards
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post

Two and two are not adding up to four since no public hearings were held.

I'm almost guessing - rule was intended for fresh water.
Oh Skip, you are soooo wrong. I spoke to a Mr Holt in DNR. He assured me that public meetings were held and it was "advertised" even on public radio. He said they also went through ASMC (?) (whatever there worthless initials are), but there was NO OPOSITION to the bill. It was INTENDED to apply to ALL state waters.
I told him I was involved in the PSCR regulation change, and their was so much public comment that we occassionally had to move the venue because the original hall wouldn't hold all the people wanting to speak out against the changing regulations. I asked him if he really believed that there would be NO opposition to changing my gear during the season based upon how much opposition there was to PSCR?
I told him this was a sneaky underhanded way to pass new legislation. DNR was so embarressed by the way it was handled they didn't even put it in the booklet handed out with your new license.
He continued to assure me that there was plenty of opportunity for the stakeholders to voice their concern on this bill before it went into effect.
He took my name and contact information and said he would let his superiors know how I felt.

We may get them to REVERT back to this being for non-tidal waters; but this was done specifically to address trolling in the Bay.

5th (Marty)