View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 09:39 PM

So, after "finding them" last Monday, I fished Tuesday and Wednesday as well
Needed to get some "honey do" things accomplished the rest of the week, and although I normally DON"T fish the weekends, I was invited to jump on Bruce's new 27 Judge "Hook Em" (still less than 100 hrs). Bruce will be unavailable for fishing Mon thru Thursday , so I relinquished church this morning

Bruce had me do a little "devotional" over channel 72 (Judge guys) to Mlag, Jason, and Lolo. I asked that those fishing today along with "Uncle Jake" be safe, find fish, and return to dock safely.

We looked at a few Upper Bay haunts (above Rock Hall) with nobody home
Slid down to Rock Hall, trolled some deeper water while chumming boats worked shallow water. Not much happening

We headed further south near mouth of Chester river and threw out a 7 rod spread. Rods were in the water about 5 minutes when the fish finder LIT UP.

A rod went down HARD and I brought twin keepers onboard (32 & 21). Obviously we stayed in the area. Uncle Jake had shown us the way
We called in a couple of other Judges and everyone had a good pick of nice fish.

Filled the box rather quickly (other than about 20 minutes trying to get as much line back from a skate hookup) and jigged a few fish before heading to the barn.

Bruce's boat performed flawlessly, but it looks like Phil and I need to pitch in to buy him a bigger net

I love that option he has on his fly by wire Suzuki that allows you to hit a button to uncrease your RPM's by 50 (or reduce by 50). What a nice function. Top that off with his autopilot and Hook 'Em is outfitted perfectly for bay fishing.

More Honey Do's tomorrow, but hope to get my boat out again soon.

p.s. Saw Mako Mike's beautiful new Tierra out today; she looks like a fishing machine.
5th