View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Jig Stix - I've been suggesting for years to let Rock over 40 inches go.

Heard more flak then a man should have to but stayed my course.
Even stopped fishing the MSSA tournaments - after winning money in three of them. Did not seem right to kill a big Rock just for a chance at some cash.

Wished I had saved the B mails I received from the Va. boys about three years ago. I posted on their board - asking that the huge Rock they were crushing in winter on live Eels be let go.

Sure , I'll suggest letting all spring fish go - watch what happens.

Guys will blast me - saying any fish released dies. Mostly the ones who hide behind a screen name. They'll twist my words inside out - but I'll post the suggestion - none the least.

Ain't no winning some days.
I'll stand beside you in that request. As far as releasing all fish over 40" fish, maybe im off base but I think there is a huge difference between releasing all spring fish and those over 40. What truly is the difference between a 39" fish and a 40" fish in terms of eggs released and viability of the eggs? A 38" fish? A 35" fish? Where do we draw the line? They are all breeders. Releasing one 40" fish in a trip while keeping a limit of 36" to 39" fish never made sense to me.

While I do truly believe you release most of your fish over 40", I believe many of your followers are quick to call a 40"-"43" fish, a 39" fish in their reports so they look like conservationists or so they stay in your good graces (for lack of a better word).