View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 07:56 AM

Wow; I guess this thread will not die a quiet death

Some people go through life wearing "rose colored glasses", others are suspicious of everything and everyone. I have been very careful in what I wrote in the previous posts. NEVER have I professed a HORRIBLE decline. I actually do believe that there is a decline in the total stock of striped bass. I am concerned about the breeding stock. Anyone who fished the trophy season as shortly as five years year's ago, knows it takes longer to catch your limit than it did ( this is my opinion).

Reds implied that we need different tactics or a different delivery to catch fish today, as opposed to previous years. I am all for learning new techniques

Reds also thought the moderator was biased against him I don't see any example of that, but he has a right to his opinion.

It appears that ANYTHING that is written about commercial watermen is viewed as being extreme by either side. My example is you inserting the word HORRIBLE into my discussion.

It's a shame this happens. It reduces the conversation by polarizing the participants.

A good example of this happens to be this thread. I am done with it A good way to make sure the people who have an extreme view (like ban the nets; or make striped bass a gamefish) win the discussion is to silence those in the middle (who would like to see the stocks made more healthy).
Feel free to make any comments. You have the floor. Best of luck to you. Be safe, catch fish.
5th (Marty)