Thread: Off the grid
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Marty, Is there any truth to the rumor that you are really in Japan looking for a buyer for our Rockfish from our new "Wicked Rockfish" production?

bhl (Bruce
I can just see a Wicked Rockfish production, guys bring the fish to a dockside buyer, he starts looking the fish over and says, "This one is a nice fat butterball, it has good looking skin with no sores" That one you brought me last week was half eaten up and the filets were terribly thin and strangely soft with an ugly white (almost transparent) meat
But this fish looks good. I'd say $3.50 a pound. With this being a 12 pound fish, that's $42
The captain looks into the camera and says, "$42, for that fish; after fuel and paying my mate, I'm only $125 in the hole" "Quick, lets go catch another one".

The show ends with the commentator saying, "The fishermen of the Chesapeake Bay have never been the brightest bulbs in the fishing industry" "Tune in next week, Bill Judge installs new electronics on Greg's boat, and Mike tries to catch rockfish on something other than Rattle Traps!"

One thing I notice about Japan. It's like turning the clock back to the 50's in America. Family structure is so very important. Also, crime is almost nonexistent, my daughter says a friend of hers left her cell phone in the basket of her bicycle, went to work, and it was still there when she returned. I was walking in a big square yesterday, there was a big tent for giving blood. My daughter explained, only Japanese blood could be given, no foreigners could give. Imagine the picketing in USA if we tried something like that. The Japanese see you (foreigner) coming, and if the don't speak good English, they bow their heads or look elsewhere to avoid eye contact. I saw two old guys fishing yesterday. They were using live shrimp. I went over to them and asked, How's the fishing? He tried to explain he didn't speak English well. I showed him several photos of big rockfish and photos of our Florida Keys trip. His eyes lit up and he grabbed his cell. Photo after photo was exchanged by the two of us. We never did "talk" to each other, but we certainly communicated. I watched him fish for a while (nothing caught) and when I got up to leave, he bowed from the hip, I returned a small head nod put out my hand, and we shook hands before I left.

Ok guys, I here nice weather is coming to Maryland soon. Get those boats out for shakedown cruises. Bruce, move your boat down to Herrington Harbor South; Rob, get yours down to Solomon's Island; Skip, get ready for Breezy Point, Greg, yours goes out of Sandy Point, Allan, yours goes out of Back Creek; we will have them surrounded.
See you after the 10 th of April.
5th