View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 08:54 AM

Default 10-28-2011 (Combined Reports from Multiple Users)

So Garlien and I went out yesterday around 11:30 or so and headed west over towards Love Point. Upon leaving the creek we were hit with 2'+ waves for a while as the wind and tide semed to be working against each other.

We headed for the channel and dropped over a plethora of different lures; spoons, umbrellas rigged differently throughout the day, bucktails in white and chartreuse. Went all the way over to Love Point and saw tons of bait on the screen, but nothing on top of the water. On the way across we saw a few birds, but nothing to get excited about. No birds at Love Point. Played around over there for a while with no action so we turned around and trolled back again.

With no takers still we decided to head back closer to home to a spot that's produced for us pretty regularly over the past few months. Trolled some crankbaits around in about 10' of water and finally got a fish on. 19" Striper.

About 2 minutes after I brought him in Mike's reel was making some noise and he brought in another19" Striper (albeit a little fatter and heavier than mine.)

About 10 minutes later I had another fish on, this time a 24" Striper.

About 10 minutes after that, I had another big hit and reeled in a 21" FAT Striper.

The two bigger fish both went back to fight another day and we took the 19's home for tonight's dinner.