View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:33 AM

Default Timing is everything

Took a ride with Marty 5th last Friday to have his side curtains repaired and one of the conversations we had while driving was that I was thinking about putting the mako up for sale because of needing another leg surgery at the end of May and also not using the boat as much since my accident at work. Later that same night Marty began texting me that he had a potential buyer and set up a time for us to meet on Saturday to have a look at boat and possible sea trial.
We met Saturday afternoon and were met with a stiff NW wind that had the creek blown out. I let Marty and his friend Alan go on board to check her out and I joined in a few minutes later to answer any questions. Alan seemed to really like the boat and asked if we could take her out on Sunday to sea trial after winds had a chance to lay down.
We met again on Sunday and We took her out and as expected had no problems. I actually think Allen was a little intimidated by the speed the ol girl could obtain.
The deal was made and now I’m without a fishing boat for the first time in over 35 years. The mako is going back to her birthplace in south Florida without me this time.
Kinda of bitter sweet since I’ve had her since1989 when she was new but I know she is going to a good home where she be taken care of.
I’m currently trying to find a Tiara open sport with diesels to replace both boats with. If anyone sees a later model let me know.
I can’t thank Marty enough for finding a buyer so quick and helping out with the showing. I owe him and Mel a nice crab feast.
For now I’m boatless but standing on a pier near you with pants leg hiked up, thump in the air trying to hitch a ride!