View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
Moving the discussion to its own thread.....
Thanks Scott; This board is not TF or THT and I don't want this thread to turn CBA into either of the other two

I was just trying to insert the premise that the YOY has been down for a couple of years (after one of the best YOY indexes ever), and that if the stocks are diminished (not going so far as to say they are in danger of being unsustainable), that this might result in people catching less fish than 5 years ago.
I wanted Reds professional opinion. Maybe he is seeing an increase that I'm missing. Trust me, I hope the stock is in better condition than it was 5 years ago. I'm looking for a respectable and responsible opinion from a Charter Captain who's on the water a lot more often than many of the posters on CBA.
I gave my opinion. That's all it is, an opinion. No science or data to back it up (just anecdotal evidence). If the stock has increased over the last 5 years, then I must be doing something wrong. I still get my fish, but work harder to get them than years past.
This isn't a Ban The Nets post. It's not a Ban Commercial Fishing post. It's not a Ban All Catch and Kill Tournaments. It's simply asking for an impression. Is rockfishing better or worse that 5 years ago?
5th (Whew)