View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahuntr View Post
I've been close to a couple of those missing person searches and they've left me with a bad feeling. The most recent one (this summer), a Coast Guard boat actually came up and asked if had seen a child in the water. I don't know what the end result was but the next day, I found nothing in the local paper or search of the news. I like to assume the kid had swum to shore; it was close to civilized shoreline so it doesn't seem unreasonable.

My fishing experience right now is that fish locations/feeding is changed/changing quickly. We're doing OK but the plan stays very flexible when we hit the water.

Congrats on some nice fishing. Casual early-Fall fishing close to home is pretty sweet.

Wow....."Scuse' me sir.....you haven't seen a child begging for help, or maybe floating face down in the water, have you? No? Ok, enjoy your fishing."

You're right about fishing close to home......I'm so used to it that I'm sure I take it for granted. I live in a waterfront community with tons of options for fishing.....piers, shorelines, boats, kayaks. Heck I'm only a 5 minute drive to Sandy Point and a 15 minute boat ride to the bridge. I feel bad for the guys that are more land locked and have to drive 1 or 2 hours just to fish something bigger than a farm pond (which, by the way....I absolutely LOVE doing and if anyone wishes to grant me access to their farm pond I would be most appreciative!)

Yeah.....we have it pretty good here.