View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesapeake Rock View Post
Not to mention that AA county has the biggest ramp in maryland already and it only costs $3 to launch (sandy pt)..I wish we had a ramp like that in baltimore county, all we have is a few tiny ramps and they are always crowded. the people in AA are lucky
Technically speaking, Sandy Point is a State facility, not Anne Arundel County.

But your point is well taken; we have an excellent facility smack dab in the middle of prime fishing area and we ARE thankful.

But for the rest of the county, and those with say 18' or smaller boats, there's no love to be found for the other 532 miles of shoreline. I'm certainly not going to take my 15' bass boat out of Sandy Point except on the most perfect of days and even then it's not such a great idea. But I'll run that sumbitch all up and down the Magothy and hug the shoreline around the bay and catch nice fish all day. We're blessed to have Stripers, White Perch, Yellow Perch, Pickerel, Catfish, Bluegill and Redear Sunfish in the Magothy as well as the seasonal Croaker and Blues.

What part of Balto County are you in? The ramp at Mariner Point park up in Joppa is really nice and they have a lot of decent parking. I know that's Harford County but it's an easy ride from anywhere on that side of town.

I'm lucky to have a great neighborhood ramp to use year round and I actually finally got a slip in one of our neighborhood's community owned marinas. Only took me 6 years of being on the waiting list. But my boat is so small it's easily trailerable (and I prefer to keep it out of the water anyway) so I rarely use the slip except when I know I have a long weekend free for some boating.