View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Reds, I'm sorry I ever wrote my post in the other thread. I see I'm not going to get a yes (I believe we have less fish than five years ago) or a no (we have more fish than five years ago).

This thread is not about eliminating a user group

If it is true that they have "changed their habits" and you need different methods to catch them, I offer you an olive branch. If you would feel inclined to show me some of your techniques, I will pick up up at Kentmore Marina in my boat and we can go find some fish. I have trolling, chunking, and livelinning gear available. Tell me what to bring and I'll be there. If we need "specialized" lures other than what I have, you supply the lures and I will provide the boat, fuel, and rods.
The livelinning in the mouth of Eastern Bay looks very promising. Fish were schooled up nicely. We could have liveliner or jiggled them. We were trolling and did OK, but "dropping" on them would have been more successful.
I don't know why there is this "air of contention" between us. We both work in the "charter" industry, we both love to fish, we both want the fishery to expand, not contract, and it appears we have similar feelings about the direction of the country.
This is like fly fishermen vs jiggers vs trollers; we need to find more common ground, not less (although I certainly see why sailboaters vs power boaters exists)
Catch Em Up,
Marty

This is the second time the moderator has shown partiality toward one of his buddies in leaving a derogatory remark about commercial fishermen and removing mine. And you say this is not about other user groups. Might as well be Brandy in disguise. LOL.

Last edited by reds; 06-08-2013 at 05:11 PM.