View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Charlie View Post
Hi Guys.....Fishing may be a little slow lately but it sure doesn't suck. The "Gum Thickets" area is "played out" with the blues taking over and the rock "going ashore" as they start to do at this time of the year. Last Sunday 8/31, was our last decent day there with a family that caught 56 blues and 10 rock. It took 8 hrs to do it !!
The fish in our area have moved down to Stone Rock and points south. On Friday, 5 of us caught our limit of rock in 30 minutes with some nice blues mixed in. The next day we took a party back there but it took until the tide change for the fish to turn on! When they did, we limited out on Rock and had 40 blues up to 24 Inches!! The young man in the picture is holding 24 & a 23" bluefish !
We are still "Livelining" as the Spot are holding up well down here!
Attachment 1432

Attachment 1433
Thanks for the report Charlie. I won't be down that way until mid October. Hopefully it keeps up. I have to take a wedding party from Herrington Harbor fishing 2 days before the wedding. Then I have to clean the boat up because the Bride and Groom want to ride into their reception on my boat I might give you a shout when I get down there.

bhl (Bruce)