Thread: zero to hero
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Thanks Scott. I knew you could fix the photo's

The sad part is that we haven't been able to reproduce that day We have found some nice schools of fish and pulled fish out of them trolling, but once the word is out on their location, the charters are running two a days over them and siphoning off the keepers. When we return a few days later, it's mostly links left.

We pull two or four keepers out of the area and that's it Constantly on the move looking for another slug of fish seems to be the norm. I've been putting close to 50 miles on the boat each time I'm out

Reports north of the bridge are pretty scarce. We have some guys ready to check out Eastern Bay and West River areas as soon as June 1st opens the fishing to rivers and tributaries.

Next couple of days look to be good winds (low), so get out there and find me some fish
5th
So far this year has been "meh" for me as well. During trophy season I caught a 20" about 200 yards off the beach at Silver Swan/Queen Anne Marina when out in my kayak and that's really been about it. Caught lots of undersized fish in Eastern Bay this week while out Perch fishing. Been throwing out a catfish rod off the pier in the evenings and hooking up with at least one a night though. At least it's SOMETHING pulling back.

No real bait seen in E-Bay yet and no birds at all. Been looking far and wide with binos and not seeing anything.

The spawn looks to have gone well though; again this year I have millions of little baby fish swimming around my pier. Yesterday was the first day I saw them. Can't remember when they appeared last year.

Hopefully a week from now we'll be posting reports about how unbelievably awesome the fishing is.

Either that or I become a crabber.