Thread: Need some help
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 10:45 AM

Old Fart; once the bulb goes out; it stays out. If I let it cool down and try the next day, it still is out. I swear, it's almost like a thin film of some kind forms to interupt the connection. I wish the bulbs would blow; it would be easier to diagnose. I hope the grease helps form a more consistant contact and takes care of the problem.
It has gotten to the point where if I go out to fish the evening bite, I go out about an hour before dark, fish until about an hour/hour and a half after dark, turn my running lights on for the trip back to the dock (20 min.) and I can count on the bulb to last maybe two or three trips; total an hour for the bulb. One or both will need replacing after three trips. And both sides (I have a seperate red and green) act the same.
It's not that bad to change the bulb, but I hate it when one dies on the run home and I have to worry about DNR police.
Several years ago, my mechanic even checked the motor to make sure it was putting out the proper voltage. It's been a minor problem for a long time.
5th (Marty)