View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:44 PM

Default 10-28-2011 (Combined Reports from Multiple Users)

Fri evening; left SP around 1pm and took a ride south looking for birds or bait. We rode past Tolly's down to the West River. Actually went into the West and looked for birds/bait. Came out and checked around #1 marker to no avail. Went across to Eastern bay and found birds but small fish (14 inches). We pulled a few out of eash bird show to check for a better size. We must have checked a dozen bird shows, all with the same result.

As we went deeper into Eastern Bay finding birds, I started looking for a 27 Judge CC named Thunder Road. All the birds were working small rock so I figured why not start looking for Shawn Kimbro instead.

My boat had never made the circle around Kent Island and through the Narrows, out the Chester and back to SP. So we did it. Birds were working everywhere in Eastern Bay, all the way up to The condo's (Oyster Cove) just before the Narrows bridge.

Once out in the Chester, we didn't see any birds, but did mark a lot of bait near the Love Point light.

Headed south toward the Bay Bridge and stopped at the Sewer Pipe just before dark, dark, dark. Saw some good marks, but Lou was cold and tired.

Loaded the boat and came home to eat soup and sandwich to warm up. A hot shower also felt great!!!!

Snow tomorrow. At least the batteries are charged and ready for next week.
5th (Marty)