View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 AM

Default Ho's fishing report

Hey all - fished with my Buddy last Wednesday - been crazy lately. No time to fish (or report). Anyway, it wasn't my ride, so no details. But some info and a story...

Fished a not so secret location in the mid or upper bay (not sure where the line is). Started bottom fishing for whatever, caught some nice sized spot when we were looking for croaker. Started throwing them in a bucket with water...we didn't really want to live line, but hey. Saw a guy live lining around some structure and he pulled in 2 nice rock. So - let's give it a try. We had pretty limited experience live lining (not our thing). Rigged up and proceeded to start tossing spot at the structure. First drop, 25" fish. Lost the other spot - drove back to the spot spot, got a couple more, got another rock - repeat - repeat. In all, got our 2 person limit of overs and unders with a release of a nice 30" and a few others.

Also - remember, this was like our second time live lining - pulled up next a fella and pulled a rock in right away right next to him. He drives up - I'm expecting to get some crap - he asks, "is it that easy, I've been doing this all summer and haven't caught one fish". Give him what little info we know and he get's his first rock of the year. A lot of smiles all around.

Cheers,

Bob