View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 01:17 PM

Saw a lot of bait, some of which got a few birds working but I picked up nothing going thru it. What I have heard is that the bite is ok one day and not too good the next. Evening bite might be better than morning. Past 2 weeks have been screwed up off Rock Hall. Most trollers are pulling boards. I would mark a knot of fish and pick up one, then turn tight as hell to try and hit them again and couldn't find them. This happened EVERY time we hooked up this weekend. And it wasn't just me, it was everyone I talked to. It was very tough to even find a school of fish (hence the boards I assume) in the first place. When I did, they were all suspended about 20', not on bottom.
When I towed the Jon boat in towards Rock Hall, there was a lot of marks in the shallower water in by Hickory Thicket(<20') but was told by 2 different people these were all bluefish. Lots of bait and many fish marks were there though. Tried trolling through on the way back out to the fishing grounds but caught nothing. (BTW, Guys did offer us money and beer for the tow but we declined. Nice of them to offer though. )