Thread: Mid Winter
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 04:25 PM

Guess I’m just chopped liver? If the boat is ready I may try the trophy season. Otherwise my trophy season will be back home in the Florida Keys in May chasing and catching the true trophy fish, the silver king (tarpon)! May even try a few deep dropping trips in the afternoon/evenings trying for swordfish although someone else may have to reel those in! I’d rather be the harpoon man anyhow. As we say when sticking them with the poon, Death from above!! While there may start looking for another home so all you guys can have a place to come during these ****ty Maryland winters. Don’t get me wrong I love the change of seasons, 90 during the summer and 80 during the winter with one week of cold, brrrr..... the 50’s! Not to mention when the seasons change so does the fishing. Mahi mahi, Blackfin tuna, permit, bone fish, redfish,grouper,etc. in the summer, King, spanish,cero mackerel,bone fish, red fish, black drum and god knows what else that feeds during the fall mullet run. Sailfish, mangrove,yellowtail,red snappers,hogfish,swordfish in the winter. Then allof the previous mentioned species including tarpon, stone crab claws and spiny lobster in the spring/early summer! Too many species too list and dynamite weather year round not to move back! Yea there may be a hurricane every few years but still beats shoveling snow every winter. But I guess I could stay in Maryland and fish for stripers, if they even show in numbers and quality size to fish for them! Winter is beginning to wane but remember last year when we got our biggest snowstorm on the first day of spring?