View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Hey Marty,
I can give you a ballpark figure on the rods but it all depends on what size cork handle you want, name or decal of a fish and a few other things. I would rather b-mail you some prices or give me a call at the house and I can fill you in. I think you will find my prices are very fair and like I have told many guys, I’m not in this for the money ( Just ask my wife on this one) I just enjoy building rods. I’m home ALL day today but the rest of the week I get home around 4:30. I’ll bmail you with some prices as well

Now about the rods, the reason I use a casting rod is because I have fisherman elbow and I change up using my spinning rod and casting rod. Uncle Phill taught me this and believe me it does help after a long day of jigging. The casting and spinning rod have the same sensitive and the blank you are referring to that the blank is exposed is called a split grip handle and I have made a few of them .I know that some guys say you can feel the bite better with the split grip but I do not have any of my own.

Tim-Glad you find this site and thanks for the kind words I appreciate that and by the way, the 2nd week in April is when we are now thinking about going south for flounder but I will give you a call once everyone agrees with it.
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com