View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 AM

HOLY CRAP that place was packed.

I think they've outgrown that facility....at least when the wather is good.

Last year the snow piles really messed up the parking. This year, the sheer volume of people messed up the parking.

Fortunately I just parked on Magothy Beach Rd so I could get out easily.

I scored a LOT of great deals on things, especially stuff for my son's tackle bag that we've been stocking since Christmas.

Y'all have seen those 360 boxes packed full of lizards from Zoom, right? Picked up one for new for $6 and it actually had all great colors in it.

Found some 3/0 baitkeeper hooks that are my favorite for $1 per pack...usually $3 at Bass Pro.

Got the boy a ton of Ratltraps for $2 each.

I don't do well in big, thick crowds like that (think drunk bull in a china shop) so I probably could've spent another hour or 2 going through things if it were less crowded, but I did well and had fun as usual there. My son had a good time too.

And the oysters were spot on again this year.

Took my son to his basketball and then stopped in at Fairwinds for their "50% off anything in the bargain warehouse sale." Got a nice new Adult XL fishing lifejacket for $11.00.

Anybody else hit Fairwinds yesterday? I wish I would have had more time and a list of things I needed before I went in. I could've done some damage to my wallet.

Anyway, great job putting on another terrific event. This one kicks the Timonium show's ass BIG time.