View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 11:56 AM

Mr. Faithful, I don't know any of you guys, or who Skip is, so forgive my ignorance. But, that being said, I do know how hard it is to determine if a rock is pre or post spawn. I've been fishing the bay for 40 years. My point to the Mr. Skip was that if you are truly concerned about killing pre-spawn fish, and preaching C&R through May 15th, why are you posting a picture of a fish you kept during the spawn? I understand his point, I am not trying to be controversial, just trying to make a point. I am very new to these message boards, but have gotten a few of these private messages about my post, some telling me thanks for saying what I said and one yelling at me for questioning this Skip fellow. I do not fault anyone for keeping fish, fishing for trophies even though I choose not to. The regulations are in place the way they are and they are determined by people much smarter than myself, so I am ok with people fishing inside of these regulations. I just am against preaching one thing, and doing another. Thank you for your input though, you seem very knowledgeable on this subject. Are you with DNR or another organization?