View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Baldzilla

I swore and swore I would not get drawn back into this BS, but at least it is moving more towards a conservation conversation...so why do I keep reading about the increased recreational harvest but I am sitting here reading an article in saltwater sportsman showing data presented to the ASMFC showing how the combined recreational harvest and discards moved froma total of 79% of the catch in 2006 to 49% in 2009...commercial harvest and by catch moved from 21% in 2006 to 51% in 2009...yet people keep saying increased recreational harvest...

WHO IS WRONG HERE??? The article is obviously on the recreational side, showing how despite the dramatic increase in commercial %s over the last 3 years they voted to increase commercial quota? why are arguing back and forth in these stupid arguments???

and Reds, yes, it did start from photos posted on TF...I talked to a few charters who said they personally were keeping a log of Skips posts and using them to start the ball rolling to shut down pre season C&R..they specifically mentioned him, and specifically said he was the reason...I told Skip about this a long time ago and sure enough it came to fruition. It started as a vendetta and grew and grew...I'm not saying it was the entire reason, but it had a lot to do with it...

Last edited by Baldzilla; 04-24-2010 at 06:15 PM.