View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 04:23 PM

Here is how I see it. If our trophy season gets further restrictions it will be based on the fact that we landed so many fish. Last trophy season we landed over 90k fish vs the 35k the year before. Unfortunately some were/are were trying to make preseason catch and release the red herring. However that doesnt change our harvest numbers from last year. Our exceptionally high harvest numbers from last year were said to be a result of more fishable days due to weather, increased angler participation, an increase in angler efficiency, and 28" and up without a no-take slot limit as compared to a few of the previous years. DNR will be looking at this trophy season closely. I will be curious to see how those numbers come in as opening weekend was very windy, this weekend is rainy and the reports have been bad for fishing, and it is supposed to rain the next several days. As stated earlier in this thread, if reductions are deemed necessary, which I think the could be given the signs out there, that size limits are looked at first instead of regulations that reduce efficiency (ones chance at catching fish).

Last edited by B-Faithful; 04-24-2010 at 06:45 PM.